So have I told you how I love all things shabby? My obsession started when I moved into my first home, we could not afford much so I used to fashion my own furnishings out of cast off's from my parents and charity shop finds.
Curtains would be taken up, let out or eventually made into table mats and such like, furniture was given a coat of paint and new handles, and pretty storage boxes/tins would hold the contents of my ever growing collection of haberdashery.

And the rest as they say was history.......................................
So now I want to share with you a project that I am about to embark upon.
I love finding furniture, fabrics and other objects that I can reuse in my home, I have an enormous love of 'Shabby Chic ' inspired decor and like to show this style in my surroundings.
Recently I was lucky enough to find two old tea chests on my local freecycle, if you have never freecycled before give it a try, people list items that they no longer require free of charge and you email them if you are interested, it cost nothing to join and you pay nothing for the items listed http://www.freecycle.org/

And these are what I was lucky enough to acquire, okay they look a little rough around the edges at the moment but with a little waxing here and there and a nice padded, fabric covered hinged top, they will make rather quaint hall seats with storage.
2 comments:
Great start, Jo. I'll add a link from my blog to yours tomorrow...if thats ok with you.
Io I'm loving it Great stuff X El
Post a Comment