Hi All,
Well I have had quite a productive day today after visiting the fracture clinic with my Daughter.
I ventured out into Torquay to try and find a pair of pinking shears, unfortunately I was out of luck, how hard are these things to find? So we took a drive over to Newton Abbot, this is always a bad mistake as it is my favourite hunting ground for junk, and I cannot possibly steer myself around the junk shops it is impossible!!
I found a little fabric place called Percy's Fabric and Haberdashery which I never knew existed, I find they are becoming so hard to find these days and this place is an absolute gem, it is full to the rafters of every shade and pattern of fabric that you could possibly want and haberdashery of every kind!
And they had pinking shears, lots of them in different sizes and types :)
Whilst there I spotted an off cut of wadding just the right thickness for the seating on top of the Lloyd Loom Ottoman I managed to get on Freecycle, so I purchased that along with my shears, two metres of linen and some lovely braiding to finish the ottoman off with.
This was my ottoman earlier, it was in a bit of a sorry state when I picked it up last week with it's chipboard lid...........

Armed with my materials I purchased today, I set to work! I already had some lovely fabric by Laura Ashley called 'Suzie Scarlet' which is a lovely cotton material in white with beautiful single rosebuds dotted over it, I got a huge 2 metre piece out of the remnant bin last year and knew it would come in handy someday!


I think it will look quite nice once the braid is attached!

And this little heart that I will hang from the front that is also in the making from the remnants!

As I said, I could not possibly drag myself past the junk shop, and I am glad in one way that I didn't in another way I would of saved some money :) but what would you say if you missed out on this!
It was an old mahogany over mantle mirror, but with a bit of shabbying in french grey it looks absolutely fantastic, it is a huge 4ft x 4ft and will look brilliant on my chimney breast in the dining room with a few bits displayed on the top.
So quite some impressive finds today :) back to work tomorrow.........roll on the weekend!
Jo xx

10 comments:
The ottoman looks beautiful. Very pretty. And such an easy transformation, really. Well done.
As for the mirror, I'm always amazed at what a lick of paint can do, even when I do it myself.
Hi Jo - Your ottoman looks so pretty and that mirror is amazing - I am going to the first car boot of the season next sunday - I hope I manage to find such lovely things! - Natalie x
Well done, the ottoman looks fab and I love the mirror, so pretty!
Hi Jo, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - the wallpaper is summer palace in duck egg by Laura Ashley, they do it with an ivory background too. Natalie x
Hi
just found your blog I have an ottoman just like that one very useful for keeping the childrens toys in. I love what you've done to the mirror it's great what you can pick up from boot sales! Sarahx
Love the mirror! and you did a great job on the ottoman. I wish we had a gem of a shop like that around here! :) Rosieben
Your blog is great and the ottoman looks amazing. I'm going to add your link if that's ok.
I have tagged you. The rules are on my blog.
Sorry last post a bit brief - lovely ottoman, lovely blog!
First time visiting you...
Love what you have done with the ottoman!
And your lovely Vintage Treasures to!
Debbie Moss
Post a Comment