
Hello All,
Well this Mother's Day was like any other day as I had to unfortunately work! however, I got the cutest yet most annoying card from my daughter's, it sings when you open it something along the lines of you are the best mum ever that sounds as though a chipmunk was tortured into performing it!
My youngest also made me a lovely bouquet of paper flowers which are better than anything Mr Tesco could produce............IMHO.
The rest of the day was a blur at work.
So on my two days off I decided to allow myself a small budget and go scouring the shops, I knew what I wanted and had tried Ebay, shops online but to no avail.
I have been trying to piece together my bathroom bit by bit in a sort of French Shabby theme, I was desperately trying to find some Apothecary Jars or Candy Jars to store all my cotton buds and soap petals in.
I tried almost every shop on the high street and had almost given up, that is until I stepped into TK Maxx, I always save this shop until last as I have to confess I am a bit of a TK addict :)
I went over to the housewares section (I never look at the clothing) and started my normal ritual, this entails starting in the bathroom section and working my way around until I end up in glassware. I browsed for around half an hour and could of bought a few things but restrained myself, until I reached the glass. There on the shelf as though it was meant to be were these two lovely specimens.
A lovely old fashioned style
Apothecary/Candy Jar for
my cotton buds for £5.00,
although I am going to have
to buy more buds to fill it.
It is rather big unlike the photo shows.

I was even more impressed when I found this too, also £5.00, It has a lovely floral etching on the front that the camera does not really show up too well and stands about 14" tall, the perfect jar for my soap petals wouldn't you agree?
So a productive day after all.
On my way back to the car park I passed the British Heart Foundation and found this to top it all of for £1.50!

So laden with my new found items I drove home for a nice cup of tea and a read of my new book!

2 comments:
Hi Jo, just popped over from the Sahhby chic thread!
Ive added you to my faves!
Lovely blog and I would love that book!
What a bargain!
Oh, those jars are beautiful, and a real bargain, too! Now I know what I want in my bathroom when it has its refurb (alas, that's a long way off yet!).
The paper flowers were also lovely and yes, definitely much better than any supermarket flowers. The card, too. It's always so nice to receive something that the kids have actually put some thought and work into, isn't it?
Post a Comment